Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gaining Weight on Vacation

No one wants to gain weight while they are on vacation. You want to be able to enjoy the sunshine in a little bikini and sip margaritas on the beach, but you don't want to look like a piggy while you're doing it. Lets see a show of hands of all the people who want to pack on a few during their vacation? ...Bueller? ...Bueller? No hands. That's what I thought.

So we escape for a week in sunny Florida to enjoy a little R&R. We hang out at the beach for a few days, we visit the Naples Zoo and we even go Alligator Hunting in the Florida Everglades. Every meal is an adventure so of course every time I order food I go ALL OUT! As the days go by I notice that my pants are fitting a little bit tighter than they did when we first arrived. I was pretty upset by this turn of events especially because I've been working out so hard at the YMCA. So I decide to change my ways and not drink or have dessert for the rest of the time I am there. Of course my willpower goes right out the window! Instead I decide to wait until I get home to try and lose the 3 pounds that crept up on me.


Now that I am back home I have made a plan - No Drinking, No Ice Cream, No Dessert, No High Fat Meals. I want to eat clean and get back into shape. It has been 4 days since we have been home and so far so good. And to add a little more pressure to the whole situation, my trainer told me that she wanted to check my body fat ratio a week from Monday - so the game is on! I mean, heck, if Ali Vincent from The Biggest Loser can shed over 100 pounds and look super buff in 4 months - then I think I can lose a measly 3 in a couple of weeks.

No comments: